SLC / Cegep Champlain - St. Lawrence
Quebec City Canada
CEGEP Champlain – St. Lawrence, the Quebec City campus of Champlain Regional College, strives to offer its students the best possible English collegial education and is known for the excellence of its educational services. Recognized as a small institution cultivating a personable learning environment, a dynamic socio-cultural life, and a solid tradition of excellence in athletics, St. Lawrence has built this reputation on the expertise and dedication of its faculty and staff.
St. Lawrence was founded as a private boys' school in Sainte-Foy in 1958 by Maurice Cardinal Roy. As a classical college affiliated with Laval University, St. Lawrence offered an eight-year program of high school and college studies leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree. St. Lawrence became a coeducational institution when it accepted the female students of neighbouring Marymount College at its closing in 1965. With the changes to the education system in Québec in the early 1970s, the high school and B.A. programs at St. Lawrence were phased out. As a member of the newly created Québec CEGEP system, St. Lawrence was first affiliated with Cégep de Sainte-Foy and then with Vanier College in Montreal. On July 1, 1972, St. Lawrence became a constituent of Champlain Regional College. In 1977, St. Lawrence moved to its present location at 790 Nérée-Tremblay, having previously been located at the Grand Séminaire on the Université Laval campus (1958-1964), on avenue Wolfe (1964-1972) and on rue Jean-Dequen (1972-1977). The Student Centre is the most recent addition to the facilities. For nearly 60 years, St. Lawrence has taken the best of its traditions and combined them with the innovations of the day to educate students to face their future with confidence.
As part of Champlain Regional College, St. Lawrence subscribes to the mission, values and vision described below.
|Institution WEB site
||790, Neree-Tremblay , Quebec City , Quebec
|Agreement Signed Date