Established year: 1960
President: Assoc. Prof. Suvit Saetia, PhD.
University type: Autonomous (State) University
Number of students: About 16,000 (Undergraduate 12,000, Graduate 4,000)
· Established on February 4, 1960 by the Department of Vocational Education, Ministry of Education.
· Three technical institutes are under the Department of Vocational Education Thonburi Technical Institute (TTI), North Bangkok Technical Institute and Nonthaburi Telecommunication Institute were combined forming King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology (KMIT)
· In 1986, the three campuses of KMIT became three autonomous institutes, each having the status of university. KMIT Thonburi campus became King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Thonburi (KMITT)
· KMUTT is well known for innovative programs and strong curricula in science, technology and engineering. In addition, we have developed a reputation for outstanding research, skilled and proficient graduates, distinguished faculty members and effective supporting staff.
· As the first government institute to become an autonomous university in Thailand, we are better equipped to serve the needs of our students and to direct research to real industrial and community issues.
· The University’s educational reach extends well beyond Bangkok and the surrounding areas by creating linkages with these communities and directing research projects that are of benefit to them. In addition, KMUTT works hand in hand with industry, capitalizing on the trust and collaboration built up over many years.
· In 1998, KMUTT is the first among public universities in Thailand to receive full autonomy.
Strength of the University:
· Leading technology academy in Thailand.
· One of the nine National Research Universities (NRU) in Thailand.
· Only leading Thai university in Engineering program under ASEAN International Mobility for Students Programme (AIMS)
· One of the four Thai-SHARE members under the European Union Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region
· Excellence in research and academic performance.
· Strength in Architecture, Bioresources, Energy, Engineering, Environment, Linguistics, Science, and Technology
· 1st semester: August-December
· 2nd semester: January-May
· Summer session: June-July
Introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvfJHzONb9s
Official website: http://global.kmutt.ac.th
|Institution WEB site|
|Mailing Address||126 Pracha-Uthit Road, Bang Mod, , Thung Khru, , Bangkok
|Agreement Signed Date||
We are not sure about the signed date
|Update date||22/Jan/2019 04:33:39|