*Application reception will begin on the 2nd cycle
|Accept Program A||50students / Semester|
|Accept Program B||
50students / Semester
|Local currency exchange rate||
|Update date||10/Feb/2020 07:10:58|
List of study programs that are open for international exchanges
|Content||AMERTA calls outstanding students to experience an Indonesian diverse culture and a local East Java atmosphere to study for one or two semesters. This program is available for international students who are interested in a number of uniquely Indonesian perspective subjects in social and cultural aspects, economics, natural sciences, and health/life sciences.
Inaugurated in 2014, it was successfully conducted for its first batch. All courses are fully delivered in English, and students are given some benefits such as Indonesian language learning, cultural trip, international events, and online learning delievered by overseas university during the programs. Field studies are compulsory in some courses to integrate theoretical perspective into practice.
AMERTA focusses on the current issues of Indonesia as developing country in the dynamic nature of globalization through the perspective of natural, health and social sciences. For natural and health sciences, they provide the wide array of knowledge about Indonesian biodiversity in flora and fauna, the dynamic of tropical medicine, and community empowerment in health especially for Indonesia as a developing country. While social sciences, they offer the dynamics of Indonesian urban culture, creative economy, and society as the impact of globalization.
|Language Proficiency Requirements||
Accept Native English
|GPA||2.5 / 4 (62.5%)|
|Instruction Facilities and Other Supports||Free tuition fee
Living allowance : IDR 1.000.000,00/per month (for 3 months)
Free Indonesian language course
Free cultural trip and international events
Cross culture experience through direct exposure of Indonesian culture and society
Better acquisition of knowledge through field studies which integrate theory into practice
Additional comprehension of knowledge about Indonesian economics, socio-politics and urban culture in Indonesia as the impact of globalization
Acquisition of knowledge about Indonesian biodiversity in tropical medicine and natural resources
Online learning delivered by lecturers from overseas university
|Cost of living||
Estimated living cost per month excluding Housing Fee$ 300 - 400 per month
|Medical Insurance||Required (For student)|
|Visa Process||The student is required to apply for the Social-Cultural Visa (index B211A). Socio-cultural visa is a single entry visa. Please refer to the following steps for the application:
1. We will provide you an inquiry letter and sponsor's id. Then, you can submit those documents along with your passport and Letter of Acceptance to the Indonesian Embassy. The visa application fee is around USD 50 with the validity period is 60 days.
2. During the stay in Indonesia, students have to extend the visa according to the study period stated in the Letter of Acceptance. You can extend it for 30 days each extension. However, AGE will provide inquiry letters and sponsor's ID. The visa extension fee is about USD 50.
If you have any concerns about this matter, please kindly contact immigration team on email@example.com.
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK FLIGHT TICKET IF YOUR VISA HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED YET. We will not accept any complaint about this matter. So, please buy flight ticket once your visa issued.
- THE VALIDITY OF VISA FOLLOWS THE PROGRAM PERIOD MENTIONED ON THE LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE AND STUDY PERMIT. If there is any request or inquiry for the period of your stay, please consult it first with the university and with us
Please inform prospective dates of acceptance if the dates would be later than UMAP's Timeline for onlire placement period. It helps students to choose their preferences.
|Link to the Course List available for international students / Other related links|
Regular Academic Calendar (indicate the period)
- First Semester
- From:21/Feb/2020To:29/May/2020(3 months)
- Second Semester
- From:01/Sep/2020To:01/Dec/2020(3 months)
- Third Semester
- Fourth Semester
- Website of academic year
Semester Load in Credits/Units
1UCTS = 1Credit/1.5ECTS/3CATS *What's UCTS?
General Timetable and Requirements for Graduation
- Total Number of Credits Needed for Graduation
- Number of Years Typically Needed to Complete Undergraduate Program
This program has been closed for appplicationsBack to Programs